Thursday, May 17, 2012

Geek week

           With my husbands geek fest quick approaching, I decided to take advantage and have as much fun with my cute girls as I could this last week. A computer game came out on Tuesday that Jason has been waiting for for years! you think I exaggerate, but no,  I can assure you I have heard talk of this game for as long as I can remember. It has been the topic of SO many conversations I never thought that I'd be a part of for as long as I have been married, and Jason insists that it's been longer then that. Thats right, diablo 3 is here! We spent tuesday here, with Jason and 3 friends locked in the office, chatting away on their headsets, game on from about 7 in the morning til around 10 at night. What a day, but for Jason I love it. He needs that break and as much as I miss him it's so nice for him to finally have something that takes his mind off of everything stressful in his life.

         
            What did me and my cute girls do? We hung out with my cute sister in law(whose husband was one of the gamers hiding in the office). We bought a pool and swam all morning. We made got lots swinging time in and all sorts of fun play time. We made treats and gorged on way to many sweets and just enjoyed the day all we could while on occasion peaking in at the room of grown men and laughing about how in to this game they were. We enjoyed every minute of fun that we could.

        I have really been making a big effort lately to be a better mom to these girls, the kind of mom that they deserve. I don't want to be yelling and  mad all the time, so the best solution to me was to let go of keeping our house clean all the time and just enjoying time with them more often. It has really been so nice, they are happier, I'm happier. We swim, we swing, we paint with water or side walk paint, we play video games, we bake snacks, we color and we just play. I love my girls so much and want to always have a great relationship with them, I know this is the first step  toward that and I am working hard to make sure it stays that way. Love that time we get.

1 comment:

  1. You're husband is a NERD. Glad he got a nerdy brother-in-law to hang out with.

    ReplyDelete