Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mia's 5th Birthday

    I can't believe you are 5! And such an amazing girl you have grown up to be. So beautiful and smart. Always so sweet and loving to everyone around you, especially your little sister. You are always watching out for her and I hope that you will always watch out for each other as you continue to grow. You have grown to be the best of friends and I love that you have each other always. You are already head over heals in love with the new baby that we'll have and can't wait to be a big sister to him/her. 

      You read your first book all by yourself the day before you started preschool and get a little better and faster at reading every day. Mrs Lacey and Mrs Shauna at preschool are always telling me how smart you are and how ready to start elementary school. 

   Just like last year, my sweet baby girl, you insisted on a super hero birthday party. I had no idea I'd have a life so full of pirates and super heros and cars when I found out my first baby would be a sweet baby girl. You have kept things interesting and always beaten your own path in life, not liking things just because your friends or family do. I LOVE this about you and hope so much you'll hold on to that as you grow. 

   At your party, friends came in their favorite superhero costume or shirt. We started out with a little Christmas tree decorating, since your birthday falls so close to Christmas. Ice cream cones covered in icing, with lots of candy and sprinkles to decorate. I think more candy was eaten then put on the trees.



 Then it was time for a little bad guy killing. Every year my sweet girl is so disappointed when we tell her it's to cold to go outside and have a pinata, so Jason and I improvised with these candy filled 'bad guys'. There was one per kid and they were told to do whatever it took to pop their bad guy then they could keep the goodies inside.
  Some got lucky and smashed it on the first try with their 'hulk strength' stomps!
 Others were not so lucky and it took a while to pop it with their tiny little hand.




 After everyone got their bags of treats, we moved on to presents! Of course lots of fun superhero toys mixed in with a few cute girly toys in between.


 My little batman in her new body armor, cape and her big batman gun. The rest of the party was spent taking turns shooting this at the empty boxes from all the toys.

Love love this sweet baby girl and feel so blessed that we've spent the last 5 years with her. She is growing up WAY to fast and while it breaks my heart a little bit, I love to see her learn and grow and see a little more the amazing person she is growing up to be. It has been 5 years full so spunk, and headstands, Superheros and pirate, and tons of amazing fun times with this little cutie! Love you my birthday girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment