Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chocolate Amaretto Zucchini Bread


Alright, we have a TON of zucchini lately and I was running out of ways to make it til I remembered my favorite zucchini recipe today that my sister gave to me. It is full of zucchini, and so yummy and moist and delicious, it tastes more like a dessert than a slice of bread. Thanks to my sister for passing this one on to me, it is heavenly.

*If you don't want to have to go to a liquor store just to buy Amaretto(can't get it in the supermarkets, at least not around here) then you can substitute Almond Extract. I used between 1-1 1/2 tsps and it turned out great!

Chocolate Amaretto Zucchini Bread

Ingredients
  • 1 Cup oil
  • 2 Cups Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 squares melted semi sweet or unsweetened chocolate
  • 1/2 cup Amaretto (or 1 tsp. almond extract)
  • 3 Cups packed peeled grated zucchini
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 bread pans. Mix first 6 ingredients all incorporated. Add zucchini and stir. Add dry ingredients and stir til all mixed. Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Divide equally between 2 pans. Bake for 1 hour or until firm.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Just passing through. Cute blog! I saw that you followed a "Hair" blog and I thought I would let you know about an awesome hair package giveaway going on over on my blog.
    Here's the link if you want to stop by;

    http://thedressupdrawer.blogspot.com/2010/08/giveaway-laughy-giraffy-gift-package.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ju for the recipes. They are the BEST! xo

    ReplyDelete