Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

It has been such a fabulous weekend and day, and I finally have a minute to sit down and write about my day and to thank some of the mothers around me. I am continuously surrounded by amazing women and have always been blessed in my life and I am so so thankful for that. Motherhood would be so much more difficult if I hadn't grown up surrounded by amazing examples I grew up with.

Jason and I were able to spend a lot of time together over the weekend and I couldn't have asked for anything greater than that. My mom and sister came up on Friday and while here, my mom asked if she could take Mia for me for a couple of days and I of course agreed! So it was just me, Jason and Lilly for the weekend. Jason and I watched a movie, got some painting done, and were able to go see the new Iron Mat 2 movie, which we both really enjoyed. It was so nice to be able to get a few things done and relax with my love. Then we finished the weekend having dinner down at my parents house to celebrate the day. It really was a great day.

Now on to celebrating some amazing mothers in my life. First, the women responsible for the amazing man in my life. My wonderful mother in law. I couldn't have asked for a better one. I've been privilaged to know her for years and to watch her with her children and she is an amazing mother. She is always there for her children at a drop of a hat and i have always know she would not only do anything for them, but for me and my girls. She razed 3 amazing children, my husband is one of the most amazing men I know and I am very aware that that is largely due to her and I could never thank her enough for that. He is an amazing husband and an amazing father and I will forever be indebted to her for that.

And of course, my mother. I remember he saying when we were growing up that she hated mothers day because why should we be allowed to take advantage of her all year then have 1 day to attempt to make up for it. Now that I'm a mother myself, I understand better than ever why she said that and want to make sure she knows that I appreciate her not only every day, but every minute of my life. I owe everything to her and am very aware of that fact, and have always been (even if I wasn't very good at saying that while I was growing up). She is an amazing women and has been an amazing Mother to more people than I can count over the years. I know without a doubt that there is no way I would be the women I am or have the things I do without her influence in my day to day life. She is so loving and so giving and I love her and so appreciate her so much for everything she's done for me over the years and now all she does for my sweet baby girls.

And to all the other mothers out there, I hope you had an amazing day because you deserve it. My husband likes to joke that he wants to trade me jobs all the time and how nice it would be to be the one to stay home with the girls, but I always tell him he'd be begging me to trade him back after a week of that. I would never trade my life as a mother for anything, but it is not an easy job by any means. It takes a lot of sacrifice, patients, love, and so so much more and as mothers, we all deserve this one day break. Enjoy it and don't do what i'm sure we all do taking the day off, don't feel guilty! I know I do it to myself, but 1 day out of the year our husbans will survive with the kiddos. Thank you to everyone who has been an example of an amazing mother to me and to everyone who has been a mother to my sweet girls. Friends, family, church teachers, parents of their friends, anyone who has played a part in their lives. I appreciate the examples that the women around them are to them. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

2 comments: