Sunday, March 27, 2016

Lilly's "first" haircut

I always knew this would happen one day. I would find one of my girls with their hair all cut off, with scissors in hand, and hair all over the floor. I mean, they see me cut peoples hair, including my own, all the time. But year after year went by, and it never happened. I thought we got lucky, that we dodged a bullet. Maybe they just liked their hair to much to do that or maybe they knew they could have me cut it however they wanted whenever they wanted.

Then Saturday, I went to comb Lilly's hair to head to a friends birthday party and there it was. Right in the front of course. She kept telling me she just thought it'd look cute. She said that the night before when she was supposed to be eating, she took the scissors, snuck in the bathroom, cut her own hair, and flushed it down the toilet. We got lucky, it's in an awkward place, sure, but it's not much hair and in a place I could hide it ok. I got one picture of her with her self inflicted haircut, and it is a terrible picture, so for her sake, we'll just go with the after shot.
Jason and I both talked to her about why she did that knowing I would have cut it for her if she asked. She said she doesn't have a good brain, that she just isn't getting smarter to be able to do the right thing. "I just have a bad brain". A little heartbreaking, but we couldn't help but laugh a little. After explaining to her that she is smart and has a great brain and that she did know better, she just made a bad choice, she was good to go. Explained her punishment to her and she was spent the rest of the day giggling about how she was in trouble but look how cute she looked. She was beyond thrilled with her new do. 

This crazy girl always keeps us on her toes. She is SO determined. She knows what she wants and she tries so hard to get it. Makes me so crazy and so proud. It all turned out well in the end, but keeping my fingers crossed she's learned this lesson and there will be no more haircuts in hiding in our future!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the hair cut. Your cruise looks like so much fun. I'm excited to read your blog again.

    ReplyDelete